Ambassadors’ Tool Kit: Overview
What Is My Role as an Ambassador?
As a Chamber Ambassador you:
- welcome businesses to the community
- seek new members for the Chamber or explain what the Chamber is/does
- attend ribbon-cutting ceremonies for new businesses/new business locations
- contact existing members to ensure they’re satisfied with membership
- inform the Chamber office of member needs and concerns
- attend Chamber events
- represent the Chamber within the community
- share Chamber social media posts
- recruit attendees for Chamber events
Objective and Program Overview
Ambassadors are the heart of the chamber. Your opinions, counsel, and ideas assist members and non-members by helping to promote the Chamber, welcoming new members to the group, and ensuring Chamber events are successful and enjoyable for everyone.
The Ambassador Program acts as an extension of the Alameda Chamber and is a recognized liaison group between the Chamber and its members and the community. Ambassadors represent the chamber at all times and personify our efforts in the business community.
Being a chamber ambassador makes you a part of an illustrious group of business professionals. You were selected for your skills and background and we are so grateful to have you working closely with our staff, community, volunteers, members, and soon-to-be members.
- Your name and photo on the Ambassador's page on the Chamber’s Website.
- A name tag so people can easily identify you at events.
- The opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members, meet local business and community leaders.
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events.
- An insider’s perspective of the local business community.
- A chance to help the community and show community pride.
- Recognition at the Chamber's Annual Business Awards event.
Ambassador Points Program
While all of the following activities are expectations of being an Ambassador, a little competition and reward are always a nice bonus.
As a Chamber Ambassador you have the opportunity to earn points as you complete tasks such as:
- calling and visiting other chamber investors
- attending monthly meetings
attending ribbon cuttings and other Chamber events
- recruiting other ambassadors
- referring a business to the Chamber
- participating in chamber projects
- sharing Chamber social media posts
Those points will be tallied and the highest performing ambassador for the month will receive a digital community gift card.
Ambassadors are the heart of the chamber and since it's been said. "you are the company you keep," we would like to invite you to refer others to the Ambassador Program.
Direct them to this page and encourage them to fill out the application and commitment and send them to email@example.com
Congratulations on being accepted to this illustrious group. Your role is of critical importance. As a Chamber Ambassador, you represent the Chamber at all times in the community even when you are not operating in an official capacity. People will get to know you and your affiliation with the Chamber and will assign your actions, personal brand, and demeanor to the Chamber. That’s why it’s incredibly important to represent the Chamber well and have the right tools at your disposal.
We will update these links and information periodically so that you always have the most up-to-date information available anywhere you have an internet connection.
Much of what we provide is for public consumption and distribution. If something is just for your knowledge, we will let you know that. This document, while it contains public information in the links, was designed to make your role as Ambassador easier. This tool kit (in its entirety) is not something you should forward or share with a Chamber member.
Please refer to the resources below:
Ambassadors are the heart of the chamber. Their opinions, counsel, and ideas assist members and non-members by helping to promote the Chamber, welcoming new members to the group, and ensuring Chamber events are successful and enjoyable for everyone. Ambassadors represent the chamber at all times and personify our efforts in the business community.
Being a chamber ambassador makes you a part of an illustrious group of business professionals.