WHAT IS LEADERSHIP ALAMEDA?
Leadership Alameda is designed to introduce an annual class of future leaders to major facets of the community through an informative and interactive, professional development program.
Leadership Alameda’s participants partake in educational sessions, tours and conversations with community leaders in various industries. Topics include:
- government affairs
- law enforcement/first response healthcare, wellness, and aging
- business & economic development
- diversity and inclusion
- the arts and leisure
- the environment
- nonprofit organizations
- transportation and housing
Each month participants take a deep dive into one of these areas so that they may see and experience their community anew. The hands-on learning provides exposure to each area and the leaders shaping these programs.
The participants will also create a class project to help improve Alameda and further their interaction with one another. Working with organizers, the class project will be focused on “giving back” in some way and will be decided annually by each class.
- Create and expand a base of knowledgeable citizens and leaders – building a “pipeline” of informed individuals for civic and community engagement.
- Prompt broader citizen involvement by providing a forum for educated debate and an opportunity for participants to strengthen their leadership skills.
- Facilitate meetings with key community leaders to learn about their programs and services.
- Uncover the critical issues facing our community.
- Provide networking opportunities with key community leaders, class members, and graduates of the Leadership Alameda program.
Who Should Consider Applying to Leadership Alameda?
People of all ages with an interest in business-leadership development or community leadership are encouraged to apply. We're looking for individuals from various backgrounds who want to be an advocate for the business community.
Leadership Alameda an excellent resource for professional development.
To be considered for Leadership Alameda or for more information, contact Madlen Saddik at madlen@alamedachamber or 510-522-0414.